We feel, TENS is an amazing product. Just look at the advantages that it is offering; from your basic joint or back pains to the pain in labour period it is helping all in one!
To understand more deeply about it, we here will talk how TENS can make sure to vanish your back pain and stress. Here’s how it can do it.
According to the theory, stimulating nerves closes a “gate” mechanism in the spinal cord, and that can help eliminate the sensation of pain. During a TENS treatment for back pain, electrodes are placed on the skin over an area of pain in the back. This creates electrical impulses that travel along nerve fibers and create a tingling sensation. The pain relief usually starts immediately and stops shortly after treatment.
Another theory is that stimulating the nerves may help the body produce natural painkillers called endorphins.
Also to carry forward the use of TENS on regular basis, you have to make sure you adhere to the dos and don’ts of it and also consult your doctor before taking any further move. Below are listed some directions that you must take care while using TENS for your back pain/stress.
• Do not leave electrodes in place for long periods of time without checking and cleaning the skin beneath them.
• If a rash or burn develops beneath the electrodes and lasts more than six hours, stop TENS. Also call your doctor or physical therapist.
• Do not place electrodes on broken or irritated skin.
• Do not drive while using a TENS unit.
• Do not use the device in the shower or bathtub.
• Do not use a TENS unit with heating pads or cold packs.
• Do not use TENS while sleeping.
Most of the population of U.S. is using TENS, especially trying to indulge and buy MEDVIVE Rechargeable FDA Cleared Tens Unit, which one are you taking?