Detailed guidelines have been issued for heritage conservation covering maintenance of Steam Locomotives, up-keep of Hill Railways, promotion of Hill and Steam tourism, strengthening Railway Museums, conservation of buildings, artefacts, digitization and online dissemination of Railway Heritage etc.
There are 21 Rail Museums, 16 Heritage Galleries and 9 Heritage parks on Indian Railways.
There are five Hill Railways namely Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (DHR), Nilgiri Mountain Railway (NMR), Kalka Shimla Railway (KSR), Matheran Light Railway (MLR) and Kangra Valley Railway (KVR). Out of these, three Hill Railways namely DHR, KSR and NMR have been declared as World Heritage sites by UNESCO.
Four Hill Railways namely DHR, KSR, NMR and MLR have been identified for monetisation. As outsourcing has not been done at this stage, details are not available.
This information was given by the Minister of Railways, Commerce & Industry and Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Shri Piyush Goyal in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Cameras have been provided at 686 stations. Online monitoring through Close Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras is done at Passenger Reservation centre as well as other areas of major railway stations. If any unlawful/suspicious activity is observed, immediate action is taken. Presently prevention of entry of persons is not done by using CCTV monitoring. However, surveillance on persons indulging in suspicious /objectionable activities is maintained and intervention is made as and when the need arises.
Makemytrip, which used to be India’s leading travel portal, is now scraping the bottom of the barrel. They are doing everything to not lose pennies at the cost of losing the dollar. They have reduced their spent on customer service at the expense of the customers.
When you call their customer support, it no longer can connect to humans. It just directs you to fill an online form. Their customer support is not 24 hours anymore but they operate an inefficient and overworked team that works in business hours only. If you ever are traveling and need help, you can just forget it.
One customer recently booked a hotel through Makemytrip in Chandigarh. The fraudulent hotel, called Skyview Holiday Home, gave a very bad customer experience. The customer kept trying to reach Makemytrip but he couldn’t get any response till he checked out of the hotel. The issues with the property included:
1. Dirty Bathroom
2. Broken Fan
3. Seepage in Room
4. Broken Lights with no light bulb
5. Rat Poop in Bathroom
6. Blocked Sink
7. No Cable Connection of TV
8. Bindi of earlier guest on the wall
9. Dirty Bedsheets & Pillows
10. Fake Mineral Water – green cap of Bisleri over Baileys (tap water only and old bottle)
11. Infested with mosquitos
However, Atif Rahman from Makemytrip offered a paltry Rs. 200 voucher to be used for the next booking as a resolution to Reference No. 12858063193141632. They did not take any action against the property. They did not even take the issue seriously. They showed no sense of responsibility and rightly deserve not to get any business from good customers in the travel sector.
Such a poor customer focus is perhaps the reason for their fall from grace and not just COVID-19.
These coaches is having passenger capacity of 83 berths
These LHB Economy class coaches, after necessary sanctions, shall be inducted in all Mail / Express trains running with LHB coaches (except Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto and Jan Shatabdi etc. special type trains)
Posted On: 20 MAR 2021 2:06PM by PIB Delhi
Indian Railways Production Unit, Railway Coach Factory, Kapurthala has recently rolled out the first prototype Linke Hofmann Busch (LHB) AC three-tier economy class coach of Indian Railways (IR). Trial has been successfully completed.
This is a new variant of LHB AC three-tier coach with features enumerated as below:-
- Electrical panels with reduced footprint on the passenger deck, releasing additional floor space for passenger use.
- Increased Passenger capacity of 83 Berths.
- Provision of an enabling entrance and compartment for Divyangjan with wheelchair access and Provision of Divyangjan friendly toilet with wheelchair access complying to Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan norms.
- AC ducting by providing individual vents for all berths.
- Modular design of seats and berths to improve comfort, reduced weight and higher maintainability.
- Improved passenger conveniences in form of foldable snack tables in both longitudinal and transverse bays, injury free spaces and holders for water bottles, mobile phone and magazines.
- Individual reading lights and mobile charging points for each berth.
- Ergonomically improved design of ladder for accessing the middle and upper berths.
- Increased headroom in the middle and upper berths.
- Improved design of the Indian and the Western style lavatories.
- Aesthetically pleasing and ergonomic entrance.
- Luminescent aisle markers.
- Illuminated berth indicators integral with night lights with luminescent berth numbers.
- Improved fire safety standards by ensuring compliance to world benchmark of EN45545-2 HL3 for materials.
These LHB Economy class coaches, after necessary sanctions, shall be inducted in all Mail / Express trains running with LHB coaches (except Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto and Jan Shatabdi etc. special type trains).