San Francisco, 15 May 2019 – “Smart Demand Response Market Analysis By Application (Residential, Commercial, Industrial) And Segment Forecasts To 2022”
The global smart demand response market size is expected to reach USD 24.71 billion by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc.
Increasing grid deployment is expected to favorably impact market growth. Demand response plays an important role in electric grid operation by reducing electricity usage during peak hours.
Introduction of grid technologies is expected to open avenues for the traditional energy infrastructure vendors. Smart grids when coupled with metering systems; provide information on real time consumption to the customers as well as suppliers.
Spread of ubiquitous wireless networks as well as internet access, along with the growing level of intelligence built into HVAC systems, industrial controls, lighting networks and varied other big building loads is expected to drive the automated DR market.
North America smart demand response market by application, (USD Million)
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Residential segment is poised to grow at a CAGR higher than the global average, which is a direct consequence of financial incentives and rebates offered by utilities to domestic customers to persuade them in the participation of several direct load control programs. The participation of smart buildings in DR programs to protect electrical grids for the duration of peak energy demand is expected to reduce loads during high-cost periods, thereby reducing bills.
- Industrial applications contributed to over 50% of the revenue in 2014; this large share can be attributed to DR programs offered by several utilities for maximizing power utilization through adoption of high efficiency variable speed drives and motors. Industrial customers are also encouraged to participate in such programs on account of lucrative financial incentives offered to them.
- Asia Pacific contributed to over 15% of the market revenue in 2014. DR programs are expected to increase significantly in the countries of Asia Pacific. Power utilities offer initiatives to reduce peak load demand on power grids. Components of the initiative include expansion of transformation to thin-tube (T8) lamps, Time-of-Use (TOU) metering programs, high efficiency refrigerators, and promotion of compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) which are expected to boost the DR market growth.
- The market is highly fragmented, with no particular company occupying a majority of the revenue share. The industry is characterized by companies having a strong hold over a particular region with little or no influence globally. However, through mergers & acquisitions, key participants have started expanding globally. Upcoming smart grid projects in countries such as Australia, India, China, and Japan have attracted prominent players in these regions.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at
Grand View Research has segmented the global smart demand response market on the basis of application and region:
Smart Demand Response Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
Smart Demand Response Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Browse Press Release of this Report:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com