Employees’ State Insurance Corporation, a statutory organization under the administrative control of Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India and the implementing agency of the pioneering Social Security Scheme in the country has participated in India International Trade Fair (IITF-2016), New Delhi to raise the awareness amongst the people about its benefits. As a part of this endeavour, the organization has participated in the IITF 2015, which is currently going on in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi from 14th November, 2016 to 27th November, 2106.
The ESIC Stall (Hall No.-12-03-B) at IITF was inaugurated by Sh. Deepak Kumar, IAS, Director General, ESIC on 15th November 2016.
ESIC has scaled up its efforts in promoting ‘Digital India’, the efforts of Govt. of India which is also overarching theme of IITF-2016. Of late, ESIC has introduced many such digital initiatives like,-
• Online registration of the employers (www.esic.in)
• Online availability of Electronic Health Record (EHR) of ESI beneficiaries.
• Launching of Tele-Medicine services in 03 states.
• Starting of “Kahin Bhi Kabhi Bhi” Medical facilities in ESIC Dispensaries/Hospitals in Delhi.
• Integration with e-Biz Portal for ESIC (www.ebiz.gov.in)
• Online payment of ESI contribution
• Shram Suvidha Portal for simplified compliance of 16 Labour Laws (including ESI Act, 1948), through a single online form
• Starting of Public Grievance Module 2.0 for lodging ESIC related grievances online through its website “www.esic.nic.in” and “www.esichospitals.gov.in”.
• Dedicated website for all the ESIC Hospitals (www.esichospitals.gov.in)
The digital initiatives of ESIC has empowered its stakeholders towards simplified & transparent procedure and easy compliance and also made available the benefits of ESI Scheme at their finger tips.
The ESIC stall has been placed with display panels of all the new initiatives and benefits available under ESI Scheme. Also informative pocket size booklets of ESI Scheme is available for benefit of masses who visit ESIC stall.
ESI Scheme in India
The ESI Act applies to premises/precincts where 10 or more persons are employed. The employees drawing wages up to Rs. 15,000/- a month are entitled to health insurance cover and other benefits, under the ESI Act. The Act now applies to over 7.83 lakh factories and establishments across the country, benefiting about 2.13 crores family units of workers. As of now, the total beneficiary population of ESI Scheme stands over 8.28 crores. Ever since its inception in 1952, the ESI Corporation has, so far, set up 151 Hospitals, 1459/188 Dispensaries/ ISM Units, 812 Branch/Pay Offices and 62 Regional & Sub-Regional/Divisional Offices.
Please Visit ESIC Stall at Hall No. 12-03-B, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi