The global infrared detector market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 9.7% from 2016-2022 to attain a market size of around $466 million by 2022.
An infrared detector is a device that responds to infrared radiation (IR), which are electromagnetic waves with higher wavelength than visible light. Interestingly, all the entities with temperature greater than absolute zero have thermal energy and are a source of infrared radiation. The two main types of IR detectors are thermal detectors and photo detectors. Infrared detectors can be used for a variety of applications in the military, scientific, security, medical, industrial, and automotive areas.
Do Inquiry About Report @ http://www.bigmarketresearch.com/report-enquiry/812481
IR detectors are compact in size, compatible with variety of applications, and detect infrared light over a large area. These factors make infrared detectors ideal for security purposes as they operate real time and detect movement. However, high cost and inaccuracy in certain conditions could hamper the market growth. Technological advancements in the infrared detector technology and reduction in prices in the future could provide potential growth opportunities.
The market is segmented by type, spectral range, application, and geography. Based on type, the market is bifurcated into thermal detector and photo detector. Thermal detectors are subcategorized into thermopile, microbolometer, and pyroelectric; while photo detectors are subcategorized into indium gallium arsenide, mercury cadmium telluride, and polycrystalline lead sulfide (PBS) & polycrystalline lead selenide (PBSE) type. On the basis of spectral range, it is classified into short-wave IR, medium-wave IR, and long-wave IR. Applications of IR detectors include aerospace & defense, industrial, medical, automotive, security, and consumer electronics. Geographically, the market analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major companies operating in this market include Texas Instruments Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Omron Corporation, Excelitas Technologies Corp., Hamamatsu Photonic K.K., FLIR Systems Inc., Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd., Raytheon Company, Sofradir, and Nippon Avionics.
Request For Sample Report @ http://www.bigmarketresearch.com/request-sample/812481
POTENTIAL BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- Comprehensive analysis of the current trends and future estimations of the world infrared detector market is discussed.
- The report provides a competitive scenario of the market with growth trends, structure, drivers, scope, opportunities, and challenges.
- The report includes a comprehensive analysis of key segments to provide insights on the market dynamics.
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis highlights the potential of buyers and suppliers as well as provides insights on the competitive structure of the market to devise effective growth strategies and facilitate better decision-making.
- Value chain analysis provides key inputs on the role of stakeholders involved at various stages.
The world infrared detector market is segmented based on type, spectral range, application, and geography.
- Thermal detector
- Photo detector
- Indium Gallium Arsenide
- Mercury Cadmium Telluride
- Polycrystalline lead sulfide (PbS) & polycrystalline lead selenide (PbSe)
BY SPECTRAL RANGE
- Short-Wave Infrared
- Medium-Wave Infrared
- Long-Wave Infrared
- Aerospace & Defense
- Consumer Electronics