Focused on meeting the growing customer demand this festive season, Amazon India ramps up capacity to ensure safe and fast deliveries
National, September 2020: Amazon India today, announced that it has created more than 100,000 seasonal job opportunities ahead of the festive season across its operations network in the country. The new seasonal positions will help elevate its delivery experience and boost the company’s fulfilment and delivery capabilities to meet the surge in customer demand this festive season.
The new associates will join Amazon’s existing robust network of associates and support them to pick, pack, ship and deliver customers’ orders safely and efficiently. The company has also generated tens of thousands of indirect opportunities through its partner networks such as its trucking partners, packaging vendors, ‘I Have Space’ delivery partners, Amazon Flex partners and housekeeping agencies among many others to support the exponential demand during this period.
Earlier this year, in May, Amazon India created close to 70,000 seasonal opportunities across its operational network and customer service centres. This along with todays announcement is another step forward in Amazon India’s commitment to create 1 million new job opportunities in India by 2025 through continued investments in technology, infrastructure, and its logistics network.
“This festive season, we are looking forward to serving customers in every part of the country by providing fast, safe and a more seamless ecommerce experience to them from the safety of their homes. This year, more than 100,000 seasonal associates will join us to to fulfil customer promises. We remain committed to creating job opportunities across the country, specially at a time when the pandemic has posed challenges in earning livelihood for many”, said Akhil Saxena, Vice President – APAC, MENA and LATAM Customer Fulfilment Operations, Amazon India.
In the last few months, Amazon announced plans to launch 10 new Fulfilment Centres and expand 7 existing centres across the country this year. The company now has more than 32 million cubic feet of storage capacity and supports more than 6.5 lakh sellers across regions. Amazon India also announced the expansion of its Sort Centre(SC) network by launching 5 new SCs and expanding 8 existing sort centres across 19 states. The company has also expanded its delivery infrastructure by adding close to 200 Amazon owned and delivery service partner stations, and scaled its delivery programs such as Amazon Flex and ‘I Have Space’ that provide supplemental income opportunities to tens of thousands of individuals.
Amazon India has implemented a series of preventative health measures for employees, associates and partners at its sites such as adherence to social distancing norms, use of face covering, and daily temperature screenings among close to 100 other measures in all its buildings. All orders are delivered through no contact delivery where the delivery associate rings the bell, leaves the package at the doorstep and steps back 2 meters, following social distancing guidelines for their safety. Similar no-contact protocol is followed for pay on delivery orders as well. Additionally, all delivery associates regularly sanitize their hands, clean frequently touched surfaces of their vehicles and are always mandated to wear a face covering while making a delivery.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, vis
Amazon.in announced ‘Grand Gaming Days’ for gaming enthusiasts bringing a host of offers and deals on gaming gadgets. Customers can get great offers and deals on gaming laptops & monitors, advanced headphones, gaming consoles, graphic cards, TVs from popular brands like Lenovo, Acer, ASUS, LG, HP, Sony, Dell, Alienware, GIGABYTE and more. The sale will be live until midnight.
During Grand Gaming Days, customers can look forward to more savings on their favorite brands with convenient No-cost EMI options and exchange offers. Customers can avail an instant discount of 10% using ICICI Bank Debit Card EMI.
Customers can get up to 35% off on Large screen TVs with high resolution, larger RAM and higher refresh rate which enables a better gaming experience. Additionally, they can also avail no-cost EMI and exchange offers with price drop on select models.
Here are some popular gaming products on Amazon.in. All offers are from participating brands and sellers.
Gaming Laptops and Monitors:
- Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 15.6-inch Gaming laptop: Immerse yourself in enhanced visual experience with Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 Gaming Laptop powered by 9th Gen Intel Core i5 9300H processor. This powerful gaming machine comes with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 with 4GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM graphics, Acer CoolBoost Technology with twin fans and immersive audio experience with Acer TrueHarmony feature. This gaming laptop is available at a price of INR 64,990.
- Lenovo Legion 5i Gaming Laptop: The Lenovo Legion 5i gaming laptop gives a powerful performance with advanced gaming capabilities. It comes with a 10th Gen Intel Core i5 10300H processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4GB GDDR6 graphics that enhances your gaming experience like never before. Get this high-performance gaming laptop at a price of INR 75,990.
- LG 24-inch Gaming Monitor: With Flicker-Free technology and a 75Hz refresh rate, this Ultra HD 4K monitor redefines the gaming visual experience. Features like dynamic action sync, black stabilizer and game mode delivers an outstanding picture clarity and gaming optimization.
Gaming Consoles and accessories
- PS4 1TB Slim: The Sony PlayStation 4 comes with a stunning new design – slimmer and lighter console packed with a stylish new look and true power. Experience incredibly vivid and vibrant colors with its breathtaking HDR visuals. Popular games such as ‘Spiderman’, ‘Ratchet & Clank’ & ‘Grand Tourismo’ and a 3 month ‘PSN’ subscription are included with the console for INR 27,990.
- Xbox One X Cyberpunk 2077 Limited Edition Bundle (1TB) : The 1TB Xbox One X Cyberpunk 2077 Limited Edition Bundle is a must-have. The console encapsulates the urban decay and vibrant Tech of night city with glowing elements, bright panels, color shift effects, and textures. The console design features a half natural & half Cyber enhancement design based on cult Cyberpunk character Johnny silverhand and his bionic arm. Play over 2,200 games including over 600 classics from Xbox 360 and the Original Xbox. Like with the predecessors, you can watch movies in 4K Blu-ray, or stream from Netflix, Amazon and YouTube, or listen to music with Spotify. The limited bundle edition is available for INR 47,989.
- Dell Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard & Mouse Combo: Alienware’s mechanical gaming keyboard comes with 15 programmable macro key functions and onboard memory featuring 13 RGB lighting zones. The advanced gaming mouse offers a configurable gaming experience at a modest value. By fusing intelligent software with gaming-grade performance, the all-purpose mouse features variable DPI switching, 9 programmable buttons and AlienFX to deliver a tactical in-game experience. This combo is available for INR 12,998.
- Alienware Stereo Gaming Headset: Dive into the world of intense gaming with Alienware Stereo Gaming Headset. It features best-in-class custom-tuned 50mm 20Hz – 40kHz drivers for a high-resolution experience and unparalleled clarity with Signature Alienware Immersive Audio. It is available at a price of INR 6,999.
- TP-Link AC5400 Tri Band Gaming Router (Archer C5400X): A router designed for gaming enthusiasts, the TP-Link Archer C5400X offers solid throughput speeds, built-in malware protection, and support for Alexa voice commands and IFTTT applets. One of the best Wi-Fi routers around, the C5400X combines exceptional speed with good range and the peace of mind that having its own security software can bring. Two of the LAN ports can be configured for link aggregation to provide up to 2GBbps speeds for compatible NAS devices that are connected to the router. In addition to eight gigabit LAN ports, the back of the router holds a WAN port, a power button, a power jack, and a reset button. It is available at a deal price of INR 23999.