Feb 3, 2022 | Business
Under Startup India Initiative, entities including Micro enterprises are recognized by Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) as Startups as per eligibility conditions prescribed under G.S.R. notification 127 (E) dated 19th February, 2019. All initiatives under the Startup India are inclusive and are implemented across States, cities, towns and rural areas. The recognised startups can avail benefits under the Startup India Initiative is given below:
- Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS): Easy availability of capital is essential for entrepreneurs at the early stages of growth of an enterprise. The capital required at this stage often presents a make or break situation for startups with good business ideas. The Scheme aims to provide financial assistance to startups for proof of concept, prototype development, product trials, market entry and commercialization. Rs. 945 crore has been sanctioned under the SISFS Scheme for period of 4 years starting from 2021-22. It will support an estimated 3,600 entrepreneurs through 300 incubators in the next 4 years.
- Fund of Funds for Startups (FFS) Scheme: The Government has established FFS with corpus of Rs. 10,000 crore, to meet the funding needs of startups. DPIIT is the monitoring agency and Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) is the operating agency for FFS. The total corpus of Rs. 10,000 crore is envisaged to be provided over the 14th and 15th Finance Commission cycles based on progress of the scheme and availability of funds. It has not only made capital available for startups at early stage, seed stage and growth stage but also played a catalytic role in terms of facilitating raising of domestic capital, reducing dependence on foreign capital and encouraging home grown and new venture capital funds.
- Ease of Procurement: To enable ease of procurement, Central Ministries/ Departments are directed to relax conditions of prior turnover and prior experience in public procurement for all Startups subject to meeting quality and technical specifications. Further, Government e-Marketplace (GeM) Startup Runway; a dedicated corner for startups to sell products & services directly to the Government.
- Self-Certification under Labour and Environmental laws: Startups are allowed to self-certify their compliance under 6 Labour and 3 Environment laws for a period of 3 to 5 years from the date of incorporation.
- Income Tax Exemption for 3 years: Startups incorporated on or after 1st April 2016 can apply for income tax exemption. The recognised startups that are granted an Inter-Ministerial Board Certificate are exempted from income-tax for a period of 3 consecutive years out of 10 years since incorporation.
- Exemption for the Purpose Of Clause (VII)(b) of Sub-section (2) of Section 56 of the Act: A DPIIT recognized startup is eligible for exemption from the provisions of section 56(2)(viib) of the Income Tax Act.
- Faster Exit for Startups: Ministry of Corporate Affairs has notified Startups as ‘fast track firms’ enabling them to wind up operations within 90 days vis-a-vis 180 days for other companies.
- Support for Intellectual Property Protection: Startups are eligible for fast-tracked patent application examination and disposal. The Government launched Start-ups Intellectual Property Protection (SIPP) which facilitates the startups to file applications for patents, designs and trademarks through registered facilitators in appropriate IP offices by paying only the statutory fees. Facilitators under this Scheme are responsible for providing general advisory on different IPRs, and information on protecting and promoting IPRs in other countries. The Government bears the entire fees of the facilitators for any number of patents, trademark or designs, and startups only bear the cost of the statutory fees payable. Startups are provided with an 80% rebate in filing of patents and 50% rebate in filling of trademark vis-a-vis other companies.
- Startup India Hub: The Government launched a Startup India Online Hub on 19th June 2017 which is one of its kind online platform for all stakeholders of the entrepreneurial ecosystem in India to discover, connect and engage with each other. The Online Hub hosts Startups, Investors, Funds, Mentors, Academic Institutions, Incubators, Accelerators, Corporates, Government Bodies and more.
- International Access to Indian Startups: One of the key objectives under the Startup India initiative is to help connect Indian startup ecosystem to global startup ecosystems through various engagement models. This has been done though international Government to Government partnerships, participation in international forums and hosting of global events. Startup India has launched bridges with over 13 countries (Brazil, Sweden, Russia, Portugal, UK, Finland, Netherlands, Singapore, Israel, Japan and South Korea, Canada, Croatia) that provides a soft-landing platform for startups from the partner nations and aid in promoting cross collaboration.
- National Startup Awards: National Startup Awards is an initiative to recognize and reward outstanding startups and ecosystem enablers that are building innovative products or solutions and scalable enterprises, with high potential of employment generation or wealth creation, demonstrating measurable social impact.
Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP), a credit-linked subsidy programme aimed at generating self-employment opportunities through establishment of micro-enterprises in the non-farm sector by helping traditional artisans and unemployed youth, is operational. The Scheme was launched during FY 2008-09. Under the Scheme, general category beneficiaries can avail of margin money subsidy of 25 % of the project cost in rural areas and 15% in urban areas. For beneficiaries belonging to special categories such as scheduled caste/scheduled tribe/OBC /minorities/women, ex-serviceman, physically handicapped, North-east region, Hill and Border areas etc. the margin money subsidy is 35% in rural areas and 25% in urban areas.
Further, the Fund of Funds for Startups Scheme and the Startup India Seed Fund Scheme are operational to provide capital at various stages of business cycle of a startup.
Under the Fund of Funds for Startups Scheme (FFS), a corpus of Rs. 10,000 crore has been sanctioned, spread over 14th and 15th Finance Commission cycles. The Scheme is operated and managed by Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI). The Scheme does not directly provide financial assistance to startups, instead supports SEBI- registered Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs), who in turn invest money in growing Indian startups through equity and equity-linked instruments.
Under the Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS), Rs. 945 crore has been sanctioned for period of 4 years starting from 2021-22. The funds are released to Startups through approved Incubators.
This information was given by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Shri Som Parkash, in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
DJN/ AM/ PK/ MS
(Release ID: 1794837)
Visitor Counter : 373
Oct 16, 2021 | International
FS meets with young Hong Kong entrepreneurs in Guangzhou and attends forum of first Pearl River International Trade Forum (with photos)
The Financial Secretary, Mr Paul Chan, met with Hong Kong young people who started their businesses in the Mainland in Guangzhou today (October 15), and attended a forum of the first Pearl River International Trade Forum.
Mr Chan first met and exchanged views with young Hong Kong entrepreneurs of the Guangzhou Hongkong and Macau Youth Association and youth entrepreneurial teams of the start-up service platform Gungho Space in the morning to learn more about their start-up experience and work and life in the Mainland, as well as the challenges they faced and the support they needed in starting businesses in the Mainland.
During the meeting with young entrepreneurs, Mr Chan said that the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Government encourages Hong Kong young people to explore opportunities in taking up employment and starting businesses in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA) to expand their options and room for career development, while the Mainland government authorities have also been supportive by rolling out a number of facilitating policies and initiatives. He encouraged young people to grasp the precious opportunity and said that the HKSAR Government will provide them with support and assistance.
At noon, Mr Chan and others attended a luncheon hosted by the Executive Vice Mayor of Guangzhou, Mr Zhang Yong.
Mr Chan attended the Forum on International Trade & Cooperation of Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area of the first Pearl River International Trade Forum in the afternoon. In his opening remarks, Mr Chan said that the National 14th Five-Year Plan supports Hong Kong in enhancing its status as an international financial, trade and transportation centre and an international aviation hub, as well as promoting service industries for high-end and high value-added development. The Plan mentions the need to improve Hong Kong and Macao’s integration into the overall development of the country, deepen pan-Pearl River Delta co-operation and promote high-quality development of the GBA. The Outline Development Plan for the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area announced earlier also established Hong Kong’s status as an international aviation hub of the GBA.
He said, “Hong Kong will proactively integrate into the overall development of the country and achieve co‑ordinated development with fellow cities in the GBA under the ‘dual circulation’ development strategy of the country, which will drive trade, aviation and logistics industries to the next level and develop the region into an international first-class bay area and a world-class city cluster. While serving the country, this will also sustain Hong Kong’s economic development.”
Mr Chan concluded his visit to Guangzhou and returned to Hong Kong after the forum.
Sep 10, 2021 | Business
Pinoy Real strives to inspire Filipino entrepreneurs across the world, including the mompreneurs and the solopreneurs, to follow their passion and fulfill their dreams. Pinoy Real believes that real stories of real people have a far greater inspirational impact than fictional stories. These human interest stories of real, ordinary people touch people’s hearts and help them unlock their potential and become better versions of themselves.
The inspiration behind this program from Pinoy Real is none other than the entrepreneurial story of its founder, Katrina Sevilla, a Filipino woman whose journey began in an impoverished village in the southern part of the Philippines. Born into a lower-middle-class family, Katrina overcame poverty, family ill-health, and limited education to become a successful entrepreneur with a fulfilling personal life. She now lives in Belgium with her loving husband and kids. Her story is one of personal growth, a story of grit and determination, winning against all odds. Katrina attributes her success to “actively looking for solutions to self-improvement, financial freedom, and a healthy lifestyle.”
Katrina Sevilla now wishes to grow not just in her own life but to also contribute to a better and brighter life for fellow Filipinos. Asks Katrina, “Does your life story resonate with mine? You’re not alone on this journey.” Katrina Sevilla has created this platform to share stories of ordinary people who became super achievers and changemakers like her. These are stories of hope, courage, action, and of breaking self-limiting barriers. Says Kristine C, a work-from-home Mom, “Being shy made me avoid YouTube and interviews. With Pinoy Real, I told my story for the first time. A wonderful experience that made me overcome my fear.”
Read more inspiring stories on Pinoy Real’s website.
Do you have a beautiful, inspiring story to tell? What kept you going when things got tough? Do you want to share your story of how you started with nothing but your dreams? Or how you staked your all on a failing business and turned it around because you believed in it? Each story is inspiring in its own way.
Your own story may be in the making, but you may know of an entrepreneurial achievement of a friend or family member. You can still make a difference. Do send them the link https://pinoyreal.com/request-an-interview/ to register. Katrina Sevilla will personally review each submission.
About Pinoy Real
Pinoy Real’s mission is to be a platform for personal growth, to share innovative ideas and solutions to improve the lives of Filipinos around the world as much as possible. To further this aim, Pinoy Real hosts interviews with super achievers from across the globe, whether they are CEOs, entrepreneurs, business owners, authors, employees, or even students. With a view to inspire those who are starting out on their journey of transformation, Pinoy Real showcases the compelling stories of these change-makers through podcasts, live streaming as well as YouTube videos. As Pinoy Real believes that transformation needs to be holistic, we also share advice from experts on health, wealth and a host of other subjects.
Pinoy Real is a community of young and vibrant entrepreneurs, freelancers, coaches, and marketers striving to turn their dreams into reality. Come, be a part of it.
With more than 10 years of business experience, Pinoy Real can help you convert your passion into a profitable project.
+32 484 74 22 46
Aug 3, 2021 | Business
Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) and Stand-Up India Scheme (SUPI) are the flagship Schemes implemented by Department of Financial Services (DFS) for extending loans to entrepreneurs. This was stated by Union Minister of State for Finance Dr Bhagwat Kisanrao Karad in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Under PMMY, institutional credit up to Rs. 10 lakh is provided by Member Lending Institutions (MLIs) for entrepreneurial activities to micro/small business units, including for new enterprises, which help in creating income generating activities in sectors such as manufacturing, trading, services and activities allied to agriculture. Government allocates annual targets regarding the amount to be sanctioned under PMMY to MLIs. For the current financial year (FY), a target of sanction of Rs. 3.00 lakh crore has been fixed for MLIs.
The Minister stated that as per data uploaded by Member Lending Institutions (MLIs) on Mudra portal, as on 31.03.2021, over 29.55 crore loans amounting to Rs. 15.52 lakh crore have been sanctioned under PMMY across the country, since inception of the Scheme in April, 2015. Of these, more than 6.80 crore loans amounting to Rs. 5.20 lakh crore have been extended to New Entrepreneurs/Accounts.
Giving details of the other flagship scheme, Stand-Up India (SUPI), the Minister said that it facilitates bank loans between Rs.10 lakh and Rs.1 crore to at least one Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe borrower and at least one Woman borrower per bank branch of Scheduled Commercial Banks for setting up greenfield enterprises in manufacturing trading or services sector and activities allied to agriculture.
The Minister stated that bank-wise (Public Sector Banks) details regarding the number of loans sanctioned to new entrepreneurs during each of the last three years and current year in respect of PMMY and SUPI are placed at Annexure-I and Annexure-II respectively.
The Minister also stated that the Government takes measures on complaints received from time to time in respect of implementation of PMMY & SUPI, including turning down of loan applications or non-release of funds, are redressed in coordination with the respective banks.
(Release ID: 1741617)
Visitor Counter : 369
Read this release in:
May 25, 2021 | Business
Margaux Caffa and Reinaldo Cesco have plans to change how Milwaukee goes about home improvement.
The husband and wife team have announced the opening of Koala Insulation in the Milwaukee market. Set to open in the late spring of 2021, Koala Insulation of Northern Milwaukee will provide property owners with the full-range of insulation options including spray foam, blown-in and blanket (batt) insulation in neighborhoods in the greater Milwaukee area.
“Effective insulation is one of the only home improvement processes out there that actually saves people money through reduced energy costs – and it makes homes more comfortable, too,” said Caffa. “Koala Insulation prides itself on how we educate clients so they can confidently make decisions on an otherwise opaque home improvement process.”
Caffa formerly worked for the U.S. Department of State doing political reporting, and more recently has worked in digital marketing and social media. Cesco was a commissioned military officer in his home country for nine years, before becoming a commercial airline pilot in the U.S.
Koala Insulation has differentiated its business model with a system that delivers efficiency and comfort to its clients. The brand’s commitment to white-glove service is executed through promptness, trusted expertise and cleanliness. Koala Insulation’s distinctions have driven its growth in the regions franchisees serve today.
“Earlier this year, we launched an aggressive growth strategy to disrupt the fragmented insulation industry and it’s great to see our plan happening so quickly with talented professionals,” said Scott Marr, founder and CEO of Koala Insulation. “With Margaux’s background in digital marketing and Reinaldo’s military discipline, they are the ideal couple to be bringing Koala Insulation to Northern Milwaukee.
Insulated from today’s market shifts, Koala Insulation’s franchise opportunity requires low-overhead while offering quick ramp-up time. As a mobile concept with no leases required, entrepreneurs are offered a low-barrier opportunity to break into business-ownership in the fast-growing, $52-billion recession-resistant insulation industry. The brand is equipped with a thorough franchise support structure, complete with training, operations, marketing, lead generation and technology systems for its franchisees.
Koala Insulation is seeking experienced professionals to grow its brand through franchising. The Koala Insulation business model has been built to attract individuals or teams with experience in sales, marketing and managing high-performing teams.
With franchisees currently operating in Houston, Pittsburgh and Atlanta, Koala Insulation plans to add 200 franchise licenses in the next 12 months. Caffa and Cesca’s location will be the fast-growing brand’s first location in Wisconsin.
For more information on Koala Insulation of Northern Milwaukee and its services, visit their website.
About Koala Insulation
Koala Insulation is an emerging franchise brand in the $52-billion insulation industry, providing insulation installation to residential and commercial properties. Koala Insulation, which specializes in the full-range of insulation options including spray foam, blown-in and blanket (batt) insulation, has differentiated its business model with a system that delivers efficiency and comfort to its clients.
Koala Insulation provides franchisees with best-in-class training at its state-of-the-art headquarters and segment-leading technology systems. Franchisees enjoy the benefits of a mobile concept in a fast-growing, recession-resistant industry. Now franchising, Koala Insulation is seeking qualified franchise candidates across the United States.