WEBWIRE – Thursday, February 17, 2022
Have you ever wondered how you got your Uber rating? How many of your drivers gave you five stars or even one star? Now, were making it easier than ever to see exactly how your rating is calculated, and for the first time, were showing you the good (and the bad) ratings you received.
Starting today, all Uber users can access a breakdown of their average rating in the Uber apps new Privacy Center. Youll see how many drivers gave you a stellar 5-star rating, how many handed out the dreaded single star, and everything in between.
The ratings breakdown is available to all Uber users right in the Privacy Center, which can be accessed by logging into your account online or in the app.
To access the Privacy Center and ratings breakdown in the app:
- In the settings menu, tap privacy and then Privacy Center
- In the Privacy Center, swipe to the right and click on the would you like to see a summary of how you use Uber tile
- Scroll down to the browse your data section and tap on View my ratings to see the breakdown
In addition to viewing your ratings, users can also review their past trip information, payment details, control marketing preferences and more in the Privacy Center.
Want to improve your rating?
Both riders and drivers have the ability to rate one to five stars on a trip. Your rating is the average of your last 500 trips. If you want to help improve your rating, drivers have shared some of the top reasons they hand out fewer stars:
- Pack it in, pack it out: Drivers shouldnt have to clean up after you. Always make sure to take your trash and any other belongings with you. Dont leave a mess behind.
- Buckle Up: Studies show that unbuckled passengers in the back seat can put the driver at greater risk of injury in a crash. So always remember to buckle up for your and the drivers safety.
- Be ready: Remember that drivers time is valuable and they shouldnt have to wait for you. A smooth pickup is better for everyone so be ready to go when the driver arrives.
- Treat everyone and everything with respect: As outlined in our Community Guidelines, we want riders and drivers to feel safe, respectful, and positive. Always treat your driver and their vehicle as you would want to be treated.
- Dont slam the door! It is easy to accidentally slam a door if you arent thinking about it, and drivers have consistently cited door slams as a reason why they deduct stars.
The launch of the Privacy Center, which is available to all users globally, highlights our mission of being a trusted steward of our users personal data in every market where we operate. By offering more transparency and easier access to your data, we hope this gives you all you need to have a 5-star experience on every ride.