Alexander Danny Joyeux was previously mired in the labyrinth of an unhealthy lifestyle, a foolhardy attitude, and, eventually, an incurable sickness. In a book about his challenges and strategies for surviving type 2 diabetes, he calls for vigilance, and encouragement. His memoir, Diabetic Denial: The Long Journey Home, is presented by Joyeux.
Diabetes is a long-term medical condition in which blood sugar (glucose) levels increase. Insulin is a hormone generated by the pancreas that helps glucose flow from the circulation into our cells, where it is used for energy. The cells in people with type 2 diabetes dont respond to insulin as well as they should. As the disease worsens, the body may be unable to produce enough insulin. High blood glucose levels caused by uncontrolled type 2 diabetes can produce a range of symptoms as well as deadly adverse effects.
Diabetic Denial is a motivational and inspirational memoir about diabetes and how it affects the patient. Joyeux, who was previously endangered by his poor choices, has come out to provide awareness of the conditions under which a person may get diabetes and how denial can lead to more detrimental situations. The illness has long-term harmful consequences. On the other hand, it can be prevented if the patient commits to a healthy lifestyle. And with the help of their friends and family, they may achieve stability. The book also includes nutritious meals that, if followed consistently, will assist in the patients rehabilitation.
I hope my story will aid in the awareness and commitment in combatting this issue. I want all to know you are not alone in this struggle, as it requires a lifetime of ups and downs in the pursuit of regulating a healthy lifestyle. Millions find it hard to combat and feel as though life dealt them some bad fate, but I am here to tell it was not so. I hope my story inspires you to make the changes that are necessary, so you can live a full productive and as natural a life as any other human being on the planet, Joyeux writes.
Buy the book at: https://youronlinepublicist.com/product/diabetic-denial-the-long-journey-home-by-alexander-danny-joyeux/
Diabetic Denial: The Long Journey Home
Author: Alexander Danny Joyeux
Publisher: Your Online Publicist
Published Date: August 2021
Book Genre: Health, Fitness & Dieting Diseases & Physical Ailments
About the Author:
Alexander D Joyeux born in the City of laborie, Saint Lucia: a tiny island nation in the West Indies, formerly a British Colony, came to America at two years of age, raised in Daly City, CA. Father of two daughters, works as a network engineer for Avaya, Graduate of Golden Gate University; awarded Masters of Science in Information Technology Management and Concentration in HealthCare Management.
Danny is the Co-Executive Sponsor of our Pride Community, Executive Representative on the Global Inclusion Committee and Co-Executive Sponsor of our Domestic Abuse Working Group, which introduced training last year to support customers and colleagues.
Danny also writes articles and speaks at events on issues such as menopause, caring and working parents. She mentors several women, and is a past Master of the Guild of HR Professionals.
Danny Harmer said, I am very flattered to be named in the HERoes Women Executives Role Models List especially alongside such brilliant women.
Its so important that we can work in an inclusive environment that lets everyone pursue their potential, particularly as offices reopen and organisations explore new ways of working. If we foster diverse teams and a fabulous culture, everyone will benefit.
HERoes Women Role Model Lists
The global HERoes Women Role Model Lists showcase leaders across multiple sectors and industries who champion women in business and drive change for gender diversity in the workplace across the world.
Those on the HERoes Role Model Lists have not only achieved success in their own careers but actively drive for more inclusive workplaces.
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being with you today, for a better tomorrow. In 2020, we paid £30.6 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Aviva has been leading this agenda for decades: Aviva was the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006 and we are champions of renewable energy and energy storage at our offices, allowing us to achieve our 2030 carbon reduction target (70% reduction on 2010 levels) 10 years early. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition at www.aviva.com/sustainability.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at www.aviva.com/social-purpose
- We are focused on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience. We also have strategic investments in Singapore, China and India.
- At 30 June 2021, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group are £522 billion and our Solvency II shareholder capital surplus is £12 billion. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us