BOSTON – WEBWIRE – Friday, November 18, 2022
Today Reebok and Warner Bros. Discovery Global Consumer Products (WBDGCP) announced a full-family footwear and apparel collection inspired by iconic DC characters. The line is a show-stopping mashup of Reeboks most popular product and DCs legendary Super Heroes and Super-Villains. The DC x Reebok Collection will be available on Reebok.com/us/dc and retailers including Finish Line, Hibbett Sports and Amazon beginning December 2nd.
DC fans are invited to choose their side of the battle between good and evil with a range of lifestyle and performance super sneakers. Characters featured throughout the collection include Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, The Joker and Harley Quinn. In addition to drawing visual inspiration from these characters, each piece of footwear is crafted utilizing materials that are representative of the instantly recognizable supersuits each individual wears.
Additional details regarding the inspiration of each footwear silhouette include:
- Shaq Attaq (HQ4587, $180) One of the biggest superheroes of all time takes over Reeboks larger than life sneaker, the Shaq Attaq. Inspired by the Man of Steel himself, this version of the shoe pays homage to some of Supermans most crucial superpowers from the translucent hardware on the shoe that references his x-ray vision to the ice outsole signifying his cold breath. Available in unisex sizing from 5.5 – 13. There is also a Classic Leather inspired by Superman available in kids sizing.
- LX2200 (HQ4584, $110) The reflective Bat emblem on the tongue of this LX2200 instantly gives away the Batman inspiration of this refreshed Reebok OG running silhouette. The sneaker embodies Batmans impressive batsuit through several details including the foam molded synthetics and debossing on the upper which represent the batsuits molded and distressed armor, respectively. Available in unisex sizing from 2.5 – 12.
- Club C 85 (HQ4573, $110) The Joker brings chaos to the Club C 85 from the inside of the shoe which is covered with graphics referencing his ear-piercing laughter to the tear away pieces of fabric on the upper that represent the many devious layers to his personality. To further allow the wearer to exemplify The Jokers personality, the tongue features a hidden joker that can be removed and used as their calling card. Available in unisex sizing from 2.5 – 12.
- Nano X2 (HQ4585, $150) Wonder Womans impressive armor dictates the design of this version of Reeboks most versatile training shoe yet, the Nano X2. The upper of the shoes incorporates a reflective light creating a similar effect to Wonder Womans deflecting bracelets and the rest of her suits legendary construction is noted on various leather and metal accents. The wearer is gifted with an extra set of reflective laces that are emblematic of Wonder Womans signature lasso of truth. Available in unisex sizing 4 13.
- Freestyle Hi (HQ4572, $100) The formidable Harley Quinn inspires one of Reeboks most iconic female silhouettes, the Freestyle Hi. The upper includes graphics that reference a range of her accessories from her legendary mallet to her roller skates. Bleeding from the heel to the white upper is a deep blue, very similar to the design of her favorite shirt. Available in womens sizing 2.5 – 8.5.
- Workout Plus (HQ4575, $100) This glow-in-the-dark version of the Workout Plus brings Lex Luthors toxic kryptonite suit to sneakers. From the glowing outsole to the cracked, glow in the dark edges on the upper the shoe is sure to make the wearer feel invincible. The silhouette is finished off with a ring lace dubrae that mimics Lexs powerful green kryptonite ring. Available in unisex sizing 2 14.
Paired with the footwear is a line of unisex apparel featuring a collection of graphic t-shirts and hoodies. Each piece incorporates iconic logos from the world of DC and highlights the good vs. evil theme present throughout the collection.
DC, part of Warner Bros. Discovery, creates iconic characters and enduring stories and is one of the worlds largest publishers of comics and graphic novels. DCs creative work entertains audiences of every generation around the world with DCs stories and characters integrated across Warner Bros. Discoverys film, television, animation, consumer products, home entertainment, games, and themed experiences divisions, and on the DC Universe Infinite digital comic subscription service. Learn more at DC.com.
About Warner Bros. Discovery Global Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Discovery Global Consumer Products (WBDGCP), part of Warner Bros. Discovery Global Brands and Experiences, extends the companys powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBDGCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on award-winning toy, fashion, home décor and publishing programs inspired by the biggest franchises from Warner Bros. film, television, animation, and games studios, HBO, Discovery, DC, Cartoon Network, HGTV, Eurosport, Adult Swim, and more. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, and promotional partnerships, WBDGCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.