A membership plugin allows you to protect content and reserve it only for members, rather than the general public. This is done by placing content behind a payment gateway.
With content restrictions, you can maintain the value of your content. Use it in marketing pushes or as a key benefit to signing up/purchasing a membership.
A typical membership is based on a recurring payment. The payment is usually higher depending on the membership level the user subscribes to.
When it comes to membership tools, there are two main options: Paid Memberships pro , and LMS plugins — Learning Management Systems like Lifter LMS
Paid Memberships Pro :
WordPress membership plugins have a wide range of other features :
1. Access rules to protect new content as it’s published
2. The ability to drip content access over a set period of time
3. A range of membership plans and levels to allow upsells
4. The ability to add membership subscriptions to WordPress
5. Support for discount codes
Automation of important tasks like forgotten passwords, subscription pausing, and more
Options to help you sell digital products from your website
As you can see, membership plugins have the power to truly transform any WordPress site into a fully-fledged membership site.
Paid Memberships Pro is a simple membership plugin with over 80,000 active WordPress installations.
Pros of Memberships Pro WordPress Plugin
1. Free Version — If you’re wondering if Paid Membership Pro is free, you’re in luck. There’s a free version that comes bundled with 19 free add-ons.
2. Unlimited Membership Levels — Control access to content for any number of member levels. Members are added as WordPress users at the subscriber level and you can structure the hierarchy in any way you see fit.
3. Payment Gateways — Paid Memberships Pro comes with 6 key payment gateways including Stripe, Authorize.net, PayPal, and Brain-tree, all of which are included in the free version.
Lifter LMS :
Considering using LifterLMS to create your own online course with WordPress?
LifterLMS has established itself as one of the premier WordPress LMS plugins, so it’s definitely a good one to have on your shortlist. But is it the right plugin for your needs? That’s what I’ll be helping you to find out in this post.
From a ‘features’ perspective, LifterLMS is an excellent plugin. But, depending on your needs, it can sometimes end up being a little expensive, which may make another plugin a better option if you’re on a budget.
At the same time, it also offers one of the most generous free versions of any LMS plugin, so it can also work out to be more affordable than similar plugins, which is an odd dynamic. It really just depends on the features you need and how you plan to use it.