Garmin is better known for its fitness smart watches that have more advanced features for more serious athletes. Garmin Support all best features of fitness tracker.
- Garmin Vivosmart 4 (Amazon): Vivosmart 4 is Garmin’s latest activity tracker. It is smaller, a better improvement over its predecessor, and has a built-in pulse oximeter. Recently, Garmin also rolled out the GPS functionality associated with it.
- Garmin Vivosport (Amazon): Garmin Vivosport is a few years old at this point, but is the company’s most powerful fitness tracker. It has a built-in GPS and heart rate sensor is accurate, water-resistant, and is very cheap as it has been on the market since 2017.
- Garmin Vivofit 4 (Amazon): Vivofit 4 is also a few years old, but it is still a solid inexpensive fitness tracker. It has a battery life of one year, always a display, and it is water-resistant. All we want is ANT + HR sensor support,and slightly better activity tracking capabilities.
- Garmin Vivofit Junior 2 (Amazon): This is Garmin’s latest fitness tracker for kids. It comes in a bunch of fun designs, it is swimming friendly, has a battery life of one year, and will monitor your children’s steps and sleep. What if you want something more powerful than the devices listed above? Something with a big screen? Luckily both companies have you covered. Garmin Support has best Garmin support for customer help 24*7
Garmin Smartwatch and Sports Watch
- Garmin Venu (Amazon): Garmin Venu is the company’s first AMOLED display smartwatch. It is essentially the same device as the Vivoactive 4 (below), with only a higher-resolution display and a slightly shorter battery life.
- Garmin Vivoactive 4 and 4S (Amazon): The Garmin Vivoactive 4 is a great multisport watch. It has built-in GPS, a week-long battery life, music storage, and Garmin Pay, and new enticing practices from Garmin that are quite useful.
- Garmin Vivomove 3 and 3S (Amazon): Garmin’s hybrid smartwatch, the Vivomove, received a major upgrade in 2019. The Garmin Vivomove 3 and 3S now have Garmin pay support, pulsimeter centimeters, and bring back the display hidden under the watch face.
- Garmin Forerunner 245, 645, and 945 (Amazon): If you’re a runner, look no further than the Garmin Forner lineup. Depending on your budget, the Forerunner 245, 645, or 945 will have something that suits your needs.
- Garmin Phenix 6 Series (Amazon): The Garmin Phenix 6 Series has a lot of models, so you are bound to find something that suits your needs. These are for high-end multisport watch athletes who spend most of their time outdoors.
Garmin: Activity and Health Tracking
The GPS ones (Ionic, Vivosport, and all Garmin running watches) will give you exact distance metrics. Devices with a built-in GPS sensor will also give you details of speed, rhythm, and altitude. Additionally, the Garmin Venu and Vivoactive 4 devices come with respiratory rate (or breathing rate) tracking.
Side note: Garmin’s app tells you how much sleep you should get compared to other users, but it is far away in the Insights tab. It is easy to ignore because it is not in the sleep section where you think it should be located.
If you asked me a few years ago which company has better sleep trackers, I would have replied that in mid-2018, Garmin Support advanced sleep monitoring.
Several Garmin wearables allow you to monitor stress throughout the day based on your heart rate variability. From this you can see when you are most or less stressed throughout the day – a useful metric for those who notice (or not notice) their mood. Garmin Support guided breathing exercises on some of its equipment.
Garmin’s feature is called menstrual cycle tracking and allows users to start and end periods, physical and emotional symptoms, make personal notes, and more. Garmin makes it a point to remind users that this feature is for all types of users, whether their cycle is regular, irregular, or if they are transitioning to menopause. Garmin watches support animated, on-device workouts. Cardio, strength, yoga, and Pilates workouts are available on all devices, and more are available to download via Garmin Connect.