Web hosting is a storage service for information (files, images, emails, videos …) on the World Wide Web, also known as the Internet. Or in simpler words, it is what allows us to make the information on a website available to everyone from an Internet connection.
Many companies offer this service which is called Domain Name Registrar. So, you will have to assess the current and future needs of the project to contemplate all the possibilities and hire the most suitable one.
There is free and Cheap Hosting Website, only valued for bloggers without business pretensions, and services focused on companies such as shared hosting, virtual servers, dedicated servers and hosting in the cloud or cloud hosting.
What types of hosting exist for web pages?
One of the most common doubts is the distinction between the different types of hosting that exist to host web pages can offer us. Therefore, we briefly describe each of them below:
– Shared hosting: This is a server whose hard disk is divided into many folders with a specific mega capacity, and each one is destined for a website. The websites hosted on this server share the CPU, the megabytes of the RAM, and the internet connection.
– Free hosting: It is the one that WordPress offers us for example in its free version, but that has its limitations in terms of design, URL, plugins, etc. They have usually shared server hosting.
– Virtual servers: In this case, the hard disk and RAM are distributed among the different websites hosted on the server. Also, the idea is that you pay a plan with a specific capacity where you can host several websites as long as you do not go over the contracted megabytes.
– Dedicated servers: It is a server 100% dedicated to your project with a Ram, CPU, and its connection.
– Cloud hosting: In this case what you pay is the time of use of certain resources. So, you can expand and decrease the capacity at any time, being ideal for projects with high scalability at the web level, such as e-Commerce.
What is the domain?
An internet domain is an identification that is associated with an IP address, which points to certain information or the web. Therefore, our websites without domain would be really difficult IP addresses to remember. For example abc.com would be 220.127.116.11, an IP that can also be associated with several websites.