Central Texas/ 2020: In view of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas are organizing Day Camps for the youth of mission-essential employees and families to help them in avoiding distress due to the pandemic.
The club serves various communities in Central Texas. Its mission is to propel youngsters towards achieving their maximum potential as citizens and to provide a safe place for them to learn and grow. It fosters a healthy relationship with adult professionals and offers myriad life-enhancing and character development programs.
Mission Essential Day Camps For Kids
• The camps will operate from Monday to Friday (7:30 am to 5:30 pm) till childcare solutions for the pandemic are no longer required.
• The youth of mission-essential families will stay in a safe place under adult supervision and will be exposed to a variety of the club’s development programs.
• A minimum of 2 meals and a snack will be offered daily.
• The camps will follow local, state and CDC COVID-19 guidelines by adopting safety measures such as disinfection, health screening and a health care model.
• Priority consideration for eligibility will be reserved for youth of mission-essential families offering support to the COVID-19 response infrastructureof government and medical entities (Texas National Guard, healthcare workers, first responders, City and County staff and hospital workers) and youth of families that are employed by “essential businesses”as per the definition of the Department of Homeland Security.
• The requirements for enrolling your child in the Day Camp are proof of residency (driver’s license, utility bills, etc.)and proof of employment (Pay Stub, Hospital/Work ID Badge, etc.) along with submission of the application. Completed applications and proofs required can also be uploaded at email@example.com/
• Guidelines for parents regarding signing in and out of the camp, what to bring and not bring, and phone numbers in case of an emergency are provided on the club’s website.
For more information about Mission Essential Day Camps for kids in Central Texas, you can visit 304 W Avenue B, Killeen, TX – 76541,or call at (254) 699 – 5808. You can also log on to https://www.bgctx.org/