According to the National Weather Forecasting Centre of the India Meteorological Department (IMD):
(Wednesday 23 June 2021, Time of Issue: 1630 hours IST) Based on 1430 hours IST Observations
All India Weather Inference (EVENING)
- The northern Limit of southwest monsoon (NLM) continues to pass through Lat. 26°N / Long. 70°E, Barmer, Bhilwara, Dholpur, Aligarh, Meerut, Ambala and Amritsar.
- Further advance of southwest monsoon into remaining parts of Rajasthan, West Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh & Delhi and Punjab is likely to be slow as large scale features are not favourable and the forecast wind pattern by the numerical models do not indicate any favourable condition for sustained rainfall over the region during the forecast period.
- The cyclonic circulation over southwest Bihar & adjoining southeast Uttar Pradesh extending upto 5.8 km above mean sea level tilting southwestwards with height persists.
- The trough from the above cyclonic circulation over southwest Bihar & adjoining southeast Uttar Pradesh to south Chhattisgarh across Jharkhand between 3.1 km & 5.8 km above mean sea level persists.
- The trough at mean sea level from north Punjab to northeast Bay of Bengal across Haryana, West Uttar Pradesh, north Jharkhand and Gangetic West Bengal persists.
♦ The Western Disturbance as a trough in mid & upper tropospheric westerlies with its axis at 5.8 km above mean sea level roughly along Long. 70°E to the north of Lat. 25°N persists.
- The cyclonic circulation over Northeast & adjoining Northwest Arabian Sea at 5.8 km above mean sea level persists.
For more details kindly visit www.imd.gov.in or contact: +91 11 24631913, 24643965, 24629798 (Service to the Nation Since 1875)
Kindly download MAUSAM APP for location specific forecast & warning, MEGHDOOT APP for Agromet advisory and DAMINI APP for Lightning Warning & visit state MC/RMC websites for district wise warning.
SS/ RP/ (IMD inputs)
(Release ID: 1729787)
Visitor Counter : 3