Final year, soon after covering my initial Bunbury in 2013 (and possessing gone to my fair share of music festivals prior to that), I came up using a list of 10 ideas for producing the very best of your fest. Get far more information about Bunbury tickets
With an additional year of covering the event under my belt, I can say that the guidelines largely nonetheless hold true and bear repeating. Use them to have prepared for the significant weekend of music on the riverfront.
1. Put on sunscreen – A great deal of sunscreen. There might be small shade to become discovered at the festival, and a burn would make to get a miserable rest with the weekend. (Plus, who wants wrinkles and skin cancer down the road?)
2. Stay hydrated. Going to the Craft Beer Village does not count. For those who bring your very own empty bottle (no glass or metal permitted) or Camelbak, you can fill it at one from the water stations: You’ll save money and plastic.
3. Light, breathable clothes is finest. The festival’s new dates in June (as an alternative to July) could retain the temperatures decrease, but let’s face it: It is going to probably nonetheless be steamy. And it would not hurt to pack a poncho to become prepared for doable showers.
4. Comfy footwear are a must. You are going to be hoofing it back and forth among stages, and dancing in amongst. You don’t want blisters by the finish from the evening.
What to consume and drink at Bunbury
5. Bring hand sanitizer and/or baby wipes. Since, nicely, portable toilets …
6. Speaking of toilets, in case you truly need to steer clear of the portable ones, hit the park restrooms – but be ready to wait in line.
7. Also be ready to wait if you’d like Island Noodles – they often have one on the longest and steadiest lines every single year. (But hey, they are good. And they have veggies in them, so they count as health meals, correct?)
8. Pack your phone cord/charger so you don’t have to wait for one to free up in the charging stations. If you’re using social media or texting friends to meet up, you may run out of juice. Phones charging stations are also inside lockers which you can rent to shop your stuff.
9. Strategy ahead so you do not miss any of your very best shows. But also permit time to wander in between stages; you could find some new music to love within the course of action.
10. Don’t hold your phone up and record your favourite band’s complete set or take 5,000 pictures. Just be within the moment so it is possible to actually appreciate the experience – as well as your fellow fans can, too.