Key Cutters are best defined as key cutting machines. These key cutters operate by cutting away and forming the required material and are the principal method for reproducing duplicate keys. These cutters have a vice or grip and the key flat or blank is inserted and held tight in this mechanism.
The original key is fixed into a guide and then proceeded parallel alongside the sterile, which in turn is transferred against a wheel that cuts the new key. Key cutters may create very sharp edges on the new key, and need to be deburred. This is usually accomplished by scrubbing with a metallic wire brush, or proper abrasive instrument. If this deburring process is not carried out the duplicate key will catch within the lock and could also be dangerously sharp.
The more modern key cutters of today are mostly automated and utilize milling or grinding equipment to create the desired result.
• Key-cutting machine
• Key duplicator
Most modern key-cutting gear is either manually or computer controlled and most machines will include the following features:
• Micro-adjustment that can adjust expediently and quickly for accurate cutting depth
• Equipped hand wheels
• Can be controlled to cut evenly ensuring that the cutter is under good protection
• Step by step fine directive centesimal ring of this guide adjusts various cutting depths quickly and accurately
Other types of key-cutting machinery may also incorporate the following purposes:
• Unique rotational operating design of 6 axles and 3 cutters
• Duplicates all kinds of cylindrical key and ladder-like keys with higher accuracy and efficiency
There are a vast number of different types of cutters and hand tools used in the procedure of key-cutting and these will include:
• Ball herd end milling cutter
• Seat cutters
• High speed steel cutter
• Locksmith tool lock pick
Key-cutting does take some time if it’s done properly and traditional shop based key cutting will usually involve a long wait and many key cutting companies will offer online services.
Report Source: https://www.autolocksmithphiladelphia.com/