Danny is the Co-Executive Sponsor of our Pride Community, Executive Representative on the Global Inclusion Committee and Co-Executive Sponsor of our Domestic Abuse Working Group, which introduced training last year to support customers and colleagues.
Danny also writes articles and speaks at events on issues such as menopause, caring and working parents. She mentors several women, and is a past Master of the Guild of HR Professionals.
Danny Harmer said, I am very flattered to be named in the HERoes Women Executives Role Models List especially alongside such brilliant women.
Its so important that we can work in an inclusive environment that lets everyone pursue their potential, particularly as offices reopen and organisations explore new ways of working. If we foster diverse teams and a fabulous culture, everyone will benefit.
HERoes Women Role Model Lists
The global HERoes Women Role Model Lists showcase leaders across multiple sectors and industries who champion women in business and drive change for gender diversity in the workplace across the world.
Those on the HERoes Role Model Lists have not only achieved success in their own careers but actively drive for more inclusive workplaces.
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being with you today, for a better tomorrow. In 2020, we paid £30.6 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Aviva has been leading this agenda for decades: Aviva was the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006 and we are champions of renewable energy and energy storage at our offices, allowing us to achieve our 2030 carbon reduction target (70% reduction on 2010 levels) 10 years early. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition at www.aviva.com/sustainability.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at www.aviva.com/social-purpose
- We are focused on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience. We also have strategic investments in Singapore, China and India.
- At 30 June 2021, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group are £522 billion and our Solvency II shareholder capital surplus is £12 billion. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us