Protective Clothing Market size was USD 12.48 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 34.31 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 14% during the forecast period.
The global protective clothing market size is anticipated to be driven by the rising government norms worldwide to maintain workplace safety, especially in the manufacturing, food processing, construction, healthcare, and chemical industries. Also, the increasing cases of accidental injuries and mortalities would affect the market positively.
Protective Clothing Market Drivers & Restraints:
The Effects of Covid-19 Pandemic on the Market
- In the healthcare environment, there is a rising demand for protective clothing to prevent contamination from various sources.
- Healthcare workers are persistently working to control the rate of infection by correctly disposing and laundering the clothing.
- The demand for surgical gowns, coveralls, and isolation gowns has upsurged rapidly from the healthcare sector to prevent the transmission of microorganisms through blood or bodily fluids in themselves, as well as the patients.
- The Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, OSHA, and World Health Organization (WHO) implemented new set of rules to be followed by the workers of primary health care centers, quarantine centres, laboratories, point of entries (POEs), and hospitals.
Rising Usage of Protective Clothing to Prevent Injuries will Drive the Chemicals Segment
Based on end use, the market is fragmented into oil & gas, firefighters, chemical, pharmaceutical, and others. Amongst these, the chemical segment is expected to procure the largest share owing to the increasing usage of protective clothing in the chemical industry for preventing injuries caused by hazardous chemicals, such as cleaning agents, degreasers, and paints. Besides, workers in several industries are nowadays exposed to various types of toxic chemicals. The oil & gas segment, on the other hand, held 13.5% protective clothing market share in 2019.
Fortune Business Insights™ lists out the names of all the organizations present in the global market. They are as follows:
- Honeywell International Inc. (U.S.)
- Lakeland Inc. (U.S.)
- L. Gore & Associates, Inc. (U.S.)
- PBI Performance Products, Inc. (U.S.)
- TenCate Protective Fabrics (U.S.)
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation (U.S.)
- Ansell Microgard Ltd. (U.K.)
- DuPont (U.S.)
- Bennett Safetywear Ltd. (U.K.)
- TEIJIN LIMITED (Japan)
- Udyogi (India)
- Sanctum Work Wear Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Derekduck Industries Corp. (Taiwan)
- Protective Industrial Products (PIP) (U.S.)
- Other prominent companies
Browse Detailed Summary of This Research Report with Tables and Figures: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/protective-clothing-market-102707
Key Manufacturers Aim to Enhance Portfolio through Acquisitions
A large number of manufacturers and distributors are mainly focusing in the development of more sustainable and recyclable materials for a wide range of industries. They are also adopting the set of norms provided by government agencies worldwide. In addition to that, they are following the strategy of mergers and acquisitions to broaden their product portfolio & serve their consumers better.