Nausea is common among children and pregnant women. Few common indications of nausea are motion sickness, seasickness, medication, and chemotherapy.
The global Nausea Medicine Industry set to expand at CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period (2017-2023), rep0orts Market Research Future (MRFR). Nausea is a kind of stomach distress with involuntary urge to vomit due to a number of factors, such as stomach upset or gastric ulcers.
There has been an increase in gastrointestinal diseases such as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), and viral gastroenteritis, which are mainly responsible for nausea. This increase is bound to propel the market growth in coming years as well. Moreover, availability of a wide range of treatment for nausea is envisaged to fuel the market growth. Apart from this, changing lifestyle with shift in dietary habits has brought about a positive influence on the market size.
- ANI Pharmaceutical
- Merck & C
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
Although the market is treading on a positive growth path, it will encounter some restraining factors. These are namely high preference for home remedies, particularly in emerging regions. Ingredients like ginger, lemon, garlic and such food items give tough competition to the conventional form of treatment.
However, it is also observed that these home remedies are temporary solutions, without healing completely. Thus, the market for nausea medicine will remain unaffected, as stated by industry experts.
- The global nausea medicine market is segmented into type, mode of administration, indication and end user.
- By type, the market is segmented on the basis of antacids, antagonists, anti-anxiety drugs, steroids, cannabinoids and others. Antacids are sub-segmented into serotonin (5-HT3) antagonists, NK-1 antagonists and dopamine antagonists.
- Based on mode of administration, the market is segmented into intravenous therapy (IVs), tablets and others. The tablets segment is surging at a swift growth rate as nausea tablets are easier to take and are more convenient to consume.
- By indication, the market is segmented into gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), viral gastroenteritis, motion sickness and seasickness, medication, chemotherapy, and With increasing number of patients experiencing nausea associated with chemotherapeutic drug use, the segment of chemotherapy-induced nausea is growing at an exceptional rate.
- Based on end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, pharmaceutical companies and others.
NOTE : Our team of researchers are studying Covid19 and its impact on various industry verticals and wherever required we will be considering covid19 footprints for a better analysis of markets and industries. Cordially get in touch for more details.