Mumbai, 3rd June 2020: Forevermark, the diamond brand from the De Beers Group believes what they do every day builds a lifetime of moments that will build your Forever. On International Environment Day, Forevermark reiterates their commitment to protect wildlife and keeping responsible sourcing at the very centre of their business to build a beautiful tomorrow.
At the heart of a Forevermark diamond lies a continuing commitment to integrity. Forevermark’s promise of beautiful, rare and responsibly sourced diamonds goes a lot deeper than just ensuring the diamonds are conflict free. It ensures that through the journey from rough to polish specific care has been taken to ensure responsible business practices. Forevermark is committed to the preservation and protection of habitats, their species and the wider natural world.
Respect and love for nature are deeply embedded at the core of the brands ethos. Forevermark is committed to the protection of the environment with their numerous initiatives that run deep connection between diamonds and the earth.
· For every hectare of land affected by the Group’s mining activity, 6 hectares are set aside for conservation, equating to approximately 200,000 hectares, 2.5 times the area of New York City
· De Beers Group has been active in rhino conservation for many years, including conservation, breeding and relocation programmes. Its joint venture with the Government of Botswana, support a significant proportion of Botswana’s white rhino population through initiatives that conserve and grow the population before releasing individual rhinos back into the wild.
· The elephant conservation programme at the Venetia Limpopo Nature Reserve in South Africa has been so successful that the number of elephants now exceeds the park’s carrying capacity. DeBeers’s is therefore moving 200 elephants more than 1,000 miles to Mozambique, where there is a need for re-population
· De Beers Group is running a ground-breaking, multimillion-dollar research programme focused on using kimberlite rock to capture carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and establish a carbonneutral mine
· 83% of the water used for diamond mining by De Beers Group and other natural diamond companies is recycled
“Every day Forevermark and the De Beers Group commits to protecting the natural world and positively impacting the countries where our natural diamonds are sourced. A Forevermark diamond is a lifelong reflection of the beauty, perfection and infinite variety of nature. Both diamonds and wildlife share the concept of forever, and this concept depends on what we do today to make sure we have a future, which is indeed forever. Our business is based on recovering nature and treasuring these successes.” said Sachin Jain, President, Forevermark India.
One can feel proud to own and wear a Forevermark diamond, not only because of what it symbolises for oneself, but also because of the benefits it brings to nature and wildlife across the world.