Pulmonary edema is a medical condition which occurs due to excess fluids in the lungs. It leads to impaired gas exchange which can cause respiratory failure. Pulmonary edema or lung congestion is often caused by congestive heart failure. Kidney failure, high altitude exposure can also lead to lung congestion. Large number of cardiac and non-cardiac conditions are related to pulmonary edema.
The global Pulmonary Edema Therapeutics Market is projected to grow at an astounding 7.2% CAGR during the forecast period (2017-2023). Pulmonary edema is a medical condition that takes place when fluid gets accumulated in the air sacs of the lungs called the alveoli which results in the difficulty to breathe. It interferes with the gas exchange thereby resulting in respiratory failure. Pulmonary edema has some alternate names- pulmonary congestion, lung water or lung congestion. It is of two types namely acute or sudden onset and chronic that occurs gradually over time.
The global market for edema is driven by increasing prevalence of cardiac attacks and other related disorders, changing lifestyle and rapid growth of disease in aging population. Moreover, the rising awareness of the pulmonary edema disease in the population and emerging preventive therapies boosts the market growth. However, the increasing cost of treatment and high expenditure in R&D are major restraints in growth of the market.
• Canon Medical Systems Corporation
• Hitachi Medical Corporation
• Siemens Healthcare GmbH
• Koninklijke Philips N.V.
• Vitaltec Corporation
• Lupin Pharmaceuticals
• Alcaliber S.A
• Edwards Lifesciences Corporation
• ARGON MEDICAL
• Pfizer Inc
• Market Research Future report offers an all-inclusive segmental analysis of the pulmonary edema market on the basis of type, diagnosis, treatment and end-user.
• Based on type, it is segmented into cardiogenic edema and others.
• Based on diagnosis, the pulmonary edema market is segmented into imaging, blood tests and others.
• Based on treatment, it is segmented into suction catheter, morphine, preload reducers and others. The preload reducers are further segmented into diuretics, nitroglycerin and others.
• Based on end users, the pulmonary edema market is segmented into retail pharmacies, academic institutes, hospitals and clinics and others.
Based on region, the pulmonary edema market covers growth opportunities and latest trends across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East and Africa. Of these, North America will rule the market due to high per capita healthcare cost and a healthcare sector that is well-developed. Besides, the existence of developed economies such as Canada and the US and the presence of some global players here is anticipated to drive the growth of the pulmonary edema market in this region.
Europe holds the second biggest share followed by the APAC region. The factors that have contributed to the growth of the market in Europe include the accessibility of funds for research and the existence of developed economies such as Germany, Italy and France in this region. Besides, the rising geriatric population here will further drive the growth of the market.
The market in the APAC region is the fastest growing owing to the existence of developing economies such as China and India here. Besides, increasing healthcare expenditure coupled with favorable government policies will fuel the growth of the pulmonary edema market. The Indian healthcare sector is the largest with regards to employment and revenue, as stated by the Indian Brand Equity Foundation, 2018. Besides, the industry is anticipated to expand at a stellar rate due to rising expenditure by both private and public players.