The Global Next Generation Memory Market is expected to reach USD 3.43 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing need for fast and economical storage solutions across diverse applications is estimated to drive market growth over the forecast period. Next generation memory is used for various applications such as enterprise, industrial and automotive to store and manage information, which is expected to augment market growth over the next six years.
Increasing use of next generation memory in mobile phones to enhance customer experience is expected to fuel market growth. Increasing demand for wearable electronics and replacement of flash memory storage may provide new growth avenues to the next generation memory market. Low environment stability and high design cost may act as a restraint to market growth over the forecast period.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Non-volatile memory storage is expected to remain the key product segment over the forecast period; it accounted for over 90% of the market in 2013. This technology is used for economical storage and fast processing of data and sustains the stored information even when the power is turned off. Volatile memory storage is estimated to witness considerable growth over the forecast period. In this technology, information fades when the power supply is turned off unless the storage device is periodically refreshed.
- Mobile phones were a major application segment in 2013 and accounted over 55% of the overall market in the same year. All common computing platforms from handheld devices to supercomputers use storage systems to store data permanently or temporarily. Smart cards store a few bytes of data and are expected to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period.
- North America was estimated to be the key regional market in 2013. The Asia Pacific market is expected to grow at a considerable rate owing to increasing demand for smartphones and tablets. Additionally, presence of key market players in countries such as China, India, Japan and South Korea is also expected to positively impact the regional market over the forecast period.
- Key industry participants include Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., IBM Corp, Adesto Technologies, Crossbar Inc, Fujitsu Ltd, Toshiba Corporation, Intel Corporation etc. Toshiba along with SK Hynix are working on production of next generation memory chips, which is expected to decrease power consumption and increase data transfer speed. Economical and efficient solution development is expected to be a critical success factor for market players.
Grand View Research has segmented the global next generation memory market on the basis of product, application and region:
Next Generation Memory Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
Next Generation Memory Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Mass Storage
- Mobile Phones
- Industrial & Automotive
- Embedded MCU & Smart Cards
- Cache Memory & Enterprise Storage
Next Generation Memory Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.