Before the spread of wireless technology and optic fibre cables, internet service providers used dial-up connections. AOL dial-up connection uses the public telephone network to establish a connection and deliver internet access to its users. Although a dial-up internet connection is cheap it can be slow and not very stable and the connection is often poor. Because these connections are slower than broadband connections and they fluctuate more frequently users occasionally feel the need to contact
AOL customer support number
to resolve errors in their connections.It does not matter whether you are using the computer at home for personal use or in the office for business, if the internet connection does not work it can be very frustrating. But if you are an AOL customer using a dial-up connection then you are in the right place. This article includes tips to identify where the problem is and also has some simple troubleshooting steps you can try to get your system back online as soon as possible.
Steps to troubleshoot AOL dial-up connection
1. Dial tone: A dial tone indicates that the connection is active and working. Check to see if you can hear the dial tone on your connection. If there is a dial tone then it means that most likely there is an issue with your browser settings or your computer. But if you are not getting a dial tone then the issues is with the service connection.
2. Phone services: The AOL dial-up connection works through public phone networks. If there is any change in your phone services then it will affect your dial-up connection as well. Remember that dial-connections do not work through phone services provided by cable companies.
3. Cable connection: Unlike a wireless connection, dial-up connections need to be securely connected with the necessary cables for the internet to function smoothly. It there is a loose cable somewhere or if the cord is broken then that will disrupt the internet connection. Make sure all the cables are secure in their respective inputs.
4. Unplug phone devices: Sometimes a problem with just one device can disrupt the entire network. To check this you can start by unplugging all the phone devices leaving just the modem connected. Now slowly reconnect the devices one by one so that you will be able to identify which device is causing the error.
5. Restart your computer: This may seem deceptively simple but it can be very effective. Just switch off your computer and restart it after a while. Regularly restarting your computer flushes the RAM and speeds up performance.
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to troubleshooting your AOL dial-up connection. Once you have tried the steps give in this article but you see that your connection is still not working you should contact
AOL email support for help with more advanced troubleshooting steps. AOL experts are available 24 hours a day to help you get your internet connection back on track as soon as possible.
Source URL: AOL technical support