Plenty of products are on sale across the offline and online market, on its name which doesn’t even necessarily matches with its functionality. SMPP Gateway is one of such victim. There are hundreds of provider who’re selling SMPP client on the name of SMPP server. You might get confused if you’re looking for best short message peer-to-peer server and SMPP client, I have also searched on the internet but unable to find robust server provider in India.
The only reason. I have found behind this is lack of awareness among users and terminology used by gurus of marketing strategy.
What is the SMPP protocol?
SMPP protocol launch is a wonder for SMS business owners and the entire credit goes to SMPP forum for making this protocol very user-friendly, open-standard and powerful. Many experienced developers have developed native library based on TCP/IP protocol and socket connections to establish or you can to connect with SMSC center through the server. Such libraries will help a developer to expand SMPP client without digging the details of port programming and TCP/IP based protocol.
In fact, some providers will provide you own SMPP client to add a number of SMPP connectivities.
You might get many SMPP client and server implementations and their actions might get varied. A leading provider may offer you an intelligent short message peer to peer solution to send a high volume of messages in a couple of seconds.
There are major differences between the SMPP 3.3 version and SMPP 3.4 by specification-
1. SMPP 3.3 is a patent protocol which was handed over to the formerly SMPP forum and evolved into 3.4 SMPP protocol as an independent body.
2. The connection with SMPP 3.3 is majorly useful for either sending or receiving messages, so in order to send & receive messages 2 connections are required. But with the introduction of bind_transceiver into 3.4, it allows sending & receiving of texts over the same connection.
3. An SMPP 3.3 only supports a ‘’fixed number’’ of parameters per operation, but in SMPP 3.4 there are ‘’optional parameters’’.
4. SMPP 3.3 protocol uses submit_sm and deliver_sms for both sending/receiving messages, while SMPP 3.4 also adds the data_sm operation which can be used for both purposes.
5. The sender id of SMPP 3.3 server message are in numeric form and sometimes in a decimal & hexadecimal form. But in SMPP3.4 messages these ids are mainly 6-digit alphanumeric.
When it comes to SMPP Server in India, it is nothing but a complete SMS center that handles multiple SMPP clients, manage sessions, take care of billing, provide live delivery reports, TCP dump and relay millions of traffic to interconnected SMSC’s. In fact, the majority of bulk SMS gateway providers are owing it because of its consistency and power.
SMS Business aggregators are highly relying on this services to provide fastest and assured delivery to clients campaigns. However, the focus of SMPP providers is also on SMS business vendors and large companies who have high volume traffic.
So, get started with it today!