Gurugram, October, 2017: Lingerie may be a girl’s best friend but this time, it has come up for a good cause. The Lingerie Store(TLS) in collaboration with Cope With Cancer has come up with a new campaign, “Donate Your Hair” on the occasion of Breast Cancer Awareness Month (1st October – 31st October). This campaign comes as a breath of fresh air amongst the plethora of causes eschewed to promote awareness of breast cancer.
Through this innovative campaign, the donated hair will be used as a ray of happiness for all those who have lost their hair during the chemotherapy medication, which is known to be quite painful and traumatic. The main idea behind the campaign is to convert the donated hair to wigs for patients suffering from the ailment. These wigs will be donated to patients in Tata Hospital, who are undergoing breast cancer treatment.
Few guidelines for the campaign are:
• You can get the hair cut at any salon of your choice.
• Hair is required to be washed, dried and tied into a plait with rubber bands at both the ends.
• Hair to be donated should be of a minimum 12 inches in length and not just a few strands. The hair shorter than that is not usable for wigs as knotting the same in the wig scalp is difficult.
• Do not let the hair to be donated fall on ground as hair swept off the floor is unusable for making wigs.
• At least 6 -7 women’s hair is required to make one wig. The donated hair we receive is sorted according to their quality and then used to make a wig. All sorts of hair- Gray, Treated, Coloured and streaked hair are accepted.
• Mailing Details: The cut hair can be mailed to TLS, along with the correct mailing address of donators. Once all the hair is received TLS will be mailing it to Cope with Cancer center along with each person’s name and mailing address.
• Gifts: The center will be mailing the certificates directly to each person. TLS will also be giving a discount coupon to the participants.
Commenting on the campaign, Ms. Rosmin Kunnathottathil, Co-Founder, The Lingerie Store, said, “We, on behalf of TLS, are happy to be a part of such unique campaign, standing in solidarity towards the excruciating fight the breast cancer puts up. This act of donating hair for breast cancer patients is as much a social cause as it is a personal achievement. The trauma that the cancer patients go through after chemotherapy is not only painful physically, but mentally harrowing as for women, their hair is an extension of the feminine beauty. Through this campaign, we hope to support and bring a change in the mind-set of the cancer patients, while relieving them from the trauma of losing hair.”
Check www.tlslingerie.com for participation details.
The Lingerie Store (TLS) is an exclusive online lingerie boutique, offering elegant lingerie to women for all occasions, right from weddings, romantic getaways, to the mundane daily basics and sportswear. Founded in 2016, the organization is a brainchild of Rosmin Kunnathottathil, a fashion designer by profession and Benoi A. Kunnathottathil, an Engineer and Logistics Operations specialist.
Some of the unique specialities of the brand are: The organization has taken the regular bra size calculator facility a notch higher. They not only offer the exact size, but customers are provided with a comprehensive table, listing sizes in various international formats. The Market place or Drop ship model offers numerous advantages to both brands/vendors and customers. Brands can showcase maximum number of pieces, without having to move their stocks, providing customers with a wide variety of styles and sizes to choose from. As an added advantage, they are the only curated lingerie portal where customers are offered EMI solutions.