TestAmerica Laboratory Network Ready to Support Hurricane Sandy Clean Up Efforts
TestAmerica, the nation’s leading environmental laboratory network, is staffed and equipped to support the analytical needs to clean up and restore communities affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Hurricanes can have an effect on the basic necessities to operate our communities, such as water and wastewater treatment plants, and access to schools and parks. Making sure that communities have the basic necessities available is the first priority in recovering from these natural events.
TestAmerica has extensive experience and comprehensive testing capabilities in emergency response situations, including the aftermath of previous Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, Ike, and Irene. TestAmerica is a registered supplier with multiple power utility companies, and has over 20 strategically located facilities in the Atlantic coast region and affected areas.
As with all emergency response situations, TestAmerica is on-call and ready to support the environmental recovery efforts, surrounding Hurricane Sandy, with the following services:
• All sampling supplies for any environmental testing
• Local service centers and couriers to assist with sample collection, sample shipment to laboratories, and management support
• Network of laboratories located outside and within Hurricane Sandy’s large footprint
• Dedicated hurricane response Project Management at our laboratories
• Rapid online data access via TotalAccess to assist in the emergency response decision making process
• Primary and secondary drinking water analyses
• Mold and contaminant testing
• Asbestos testing
• PCB Aroclor analysis
• Surface water and groundwater analyses
• Industrial hygiene analysis
• TPH analysis for leaking underground storage tanks
• Waste characterization (Full TCLP)
For immediate questions during business hours, please call 866.785.LABS (5227), or for more information on TestAmerica’s analytical support and after-hour emergency response contacts, please click - http://info.testamericainc.com/testamerica-laboratory-network-ready-to-support-hurricane-sandy-clean-up-efforts?utm_campaign=Hurricane-Sandy&utm_source=pressrelease
TestAmerica is the leading environmental testing firm in the United States, with over 90 locations providing innovative technical expertise and comprehensive analytical testing services. Specialty analyses include source, ambient and indoor air, water quality, compliance, desalination, shale gas, specialty organics, emergency response, industrial hygiene, dioxins, drinking water, sediments and tissues, PPCPs and emerging contaminants, explosives, Federal/DoD, and radiochemistry and mixed waste testing.
TestAmerica affiliate companies include EMLab P&K, the leader in analytical microscopy and indoor air quality; QED Environmental Systems, Inc., the leading supplier of groundwater sampling equipment and remediation pumping systems; and TestAmerica Air Emissions Corp. (METCO Environmental), specializing in air emissions testing. TestAmerica currently employs nearly 2,800 professionals dedicated to exceptional service and solutions for our clients’ environmental testing needs.
Information Source: WEBWIRE