Lawn mowing and lawn care can be an overwhelming task, particularly when you have a busy schedule. We tend to neglect these chores due to time scarcity and before long the lawn has gone from green to a patchy brown. So now, your next course of action is restoring your lawn’s health. Lawn mowing services can be entrusted with this job – they ensure that your lawn doesn’t miss a trim, your lawn becomes green and they take care to keep it looking that way for most part of the year.
If you’d rather hand over the job to lawn mowing services like Fox Mowing, sit back and enjoy your garden. But here are some tips for restoring your lawn’s health, if you’re going to get your hands dirty…
1. Regular mowing keeps the lawn green and healthy. The right mowing technique ensures that the grass grows healthy. However, thatch or non-decomposed roots and stems collected above the soil surface must be removed. Spring or fall is the best time to de-thatch your lawn.
2. Weeds can wreak havoc with your lawn’s health. Once the weeds have taken over the lawn, restoring it to a vibrant green is a major challenge. So the idea is to deal with the weeds as soon as they begin to take root. Simply pull them out. Better still, do not allow the weeds to drop seeds and half your battle is won.
3. Compacted soil prevents the roots from penetrating and spreading which in turn impacts the health of the lawn. Aeration of the compacted lawn is the only way to get the grass growing healthy again. Lawn mowing services have the tools to aerate the lawn so the task can be hired out to them. One of the services Garden Care Business Opportunities provides is aeration of the soil so that the roots get the required oxygen, nutrients and water to promote healthy growth.
4. Nutrient rich soil is the first step to a healthy lawn. To restore your lawn’s health, make sure that it is getting the right nutrients at the right time – read, proper fertilisation. Add organic matter to the soil to balance out the nutrients; compost is a rich source of good micro-organisms and organic matter.
5. Your lawn may require re-seeding to restore the bare patches. Once the seeds germinate, ensure that the young plants are watered frequently. When the lawn begins to thrive, you need to change the watering schedule. Taking into account the rainfall, water infrequently but deeply.
6. Protect your lawn from insects, pests and disease. Follow the right watering techniques, that is, water in the morning so that the grass does not remain wet for long periods. Damp grass is an invitation to disease.
Restore your lawn’s health with Lawn And Garden Business For Sale from Fox Mowing, visit http://foxmowing.com.au for more…