Tomato is considered as one of the most important food crops as it is a rich source of vitamin A, C, potassium, minerals and fibres. It provides an endless array of health benefits as it helps to fight diabetes, cancer, cardio-vascular diseases, constipation, depression, and maintain a healthy blood pressure. A majority of tomatoes produced are consumed fresh while the remaining are used in the tomato processing industry. Processed tomatoes are extensively used in the preparation of sauces, ketchups, purees, soups, pickles, juices, etc.
The tomato processing industry witnessed a healthy growth for two successive years during 2007-2009, followed by a period of five years (2009-2014) where consumption levels remained flat or witnessed a decline. This was due to the fact that the volumes processed in 2009 surpassed the global consumption level and generated large stocks that have continued to feed the market even when the processed volumes of the following years sharply decreased. It was significantly lower than the global demand. However, the industry recovered and returned to normal growth from the year 2015 onwards. According to a new report by Expert Market Research, global tomato processing market reached a volume of 36 Million Tons in 2016 and is further expected to reach a volume of 42 Million Tons by 2022.
The global market for tomato processing is currently being driven by numerous factors. Rising fast food trends have led to an increase in the global demand for processed tomatoes. Population growth, rising disposable incomes, urbanisation, changing dietary patterns, growing fast food industry and rising demand from emerging markets are also broadening the growth aspects of the global tomato processing market.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click on the link: http://www.expertmarketresearch.com/request?type=report&id=63&flag=B
Key findings from the report:
• The major end-use sectors of tomato processing are sauces, pastes, canned tomatoes, ketchup and juice. In 2015, sauces represented the biggest category and accounted for one-third of the total processed tomato products consumption. Sauces were followed by pastes, canned tomatoes, Ketchup and Juice.
• Major markets for tomato processing include Asia-Pacific, North America, the Middle East and Africa, and South America.
• Some of the key players operating in the global tomato processing market include Morning Star, Tunhe, Chalkis, Ingomar, Jg Boswell, Conagra, Olam, Los Gatos, Haohan Gr and Campbell.
• These players are coming up with innovative flavours and value-added products and are targeting emerging markets by expanding their production and geographical reach.
Expert Market Research has analysed the global tomato processing market according to end-use, region and top players:
Market breakup by End-Use
– Canned Tomatoes
Market breakup by Region
– North America
– The Middle East and Africa
– South America
– Morning Star
– JG Boswell
– Los Gatos
– Haohan Gr
Browse the full Tomato Processing Market Report, Trends, and Forecast 2017 – 2022 report at http://www.expertmarketresearch.com/reports/tomato-processing-market
Browse more reports related to food & beverages industry: http://www.expertmarketresearch.com/categories/food-beverages-market-reports